The flavor of korma is based on a combination of spices, including ground coriander and cumin, slowly mixed with yogurt at a temperature lower than the temperature of the yogurt and mixed with the juices of the meat.
Non-vegetarians will have to go for the mutton korma, but if you have the will and the time, this simple recipe from Anardana can be tried at home:
Delhi-6 Mutton Korma
Desi Ghee, Green Cardamom, Clove Scriabin Essence, Curd Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Brown Onion Paste, Red Chili Powder, Green Cardamom Powder, Lamb Curry, Black Pepper Powder, Cinnamon Powder, Cumin Powder, Mace Powder, Nutmeg Powder, star aniseed powder, and ginger garlic paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add green cardamom and cloves and let it crackle, now add ginger garlic paste and lamb pieces and fry, add curd and add pine essence. Fry on low flame for 2 minutes and then add salt.
- Add 2 teaspoons of water and then add turmeric and coriander powder. Add brown onion paste, and red chili powder, and then add green cardamom powder.
- Mix it once, cover and cook on low flame for 30 minutes, fat and oil will start appearing on top of the gravy. Fry this mixture and do not cover it again otherwise the lamb pieces will stick to the bottom. The gravy will be very thick.
- Add cinnamon powder, black pepper powder, nutmeg powder, roasted cumin powder, black cardamom powder, mace and star anise powder.
- Fry this mixture and add hot water to make a thin gravy.
- Add saffron water and immediately cover and cook on low heat till the lamb is cooked.
- Kewda is added to the dish in two stages, first at the beginning of the dish as it will flavor the korma, and then at the end of the stage as it will give aroma to the dish.
- Water is added in the middle of cooking only when the masala starts breaking down.
If you are a chicken person, don’t worry, we have delicious chicken recipes for you too. These chicken-based recipes from Chiqueera will make your mouth water:
Buffalo Chicken Wings:
Buffalo Chutney, common wings
- First take the marinated wings out of the freezer (marination mix is prepared in-house), then put them in the fryer (oil temperature should be 180` c/350` f)
- Cook until golden brown and well cooked on the inside, toss the wings with our hot buffalo sauce (made in house) that tastes tangy and spicy. serve hot.
Chicken Gyro Achet (regular):
Gyro Chicken, Rice Flavor, Iceberg Lettuce, Tomato, Pita Bread, Chiqueira Sauce and Hot Sauce, Chiqueira Sauce Pouch, Gun Powder Pouch
Salad:- Cut tomatoes into cubes, dice iceberg lettuce. Then put iceberg lettuce and tomatoes in half of the bowl, put flavored chickpea rice in the other half, then put pita bread on top with hot gyro chicken and serve with a lid. With Chiqueera Sauce Pouch and Hot Sauce Pouch.
Chicken Nuggets are served in three portion sizes (6,10 and 18) pcs (Chicken Nuggets are made from boneless chicken thigh portions and chicken breast so we marinated the chicken in our own homemade spice blend.
Take out the chicken nuggets from the fridge and deep fry them in hot oil at a temperature of (175`c /350`f) till they turn golden brown in color and are cooked well. Serve hot, and top them with Barbecue Mustard Sauce.