Police link the murders of two teenage boys in south-east London

Police have named two teenage boys who were stabbed to death a mile apart in south-east London and confirmed they are treating the killings as linked.

Both the boys are 16 years old and have been identified as Kearney Solanki and Charlie Bartolo.

Solanki was found with stab wounds in Titmus Avenue, Thamesmead, and Bartolo was discovered in Sewell Road, Abbey Wood, on Saturday afternoon.

Speaking in Titmus Avenue, Det Supt Richard McDonagh of the Metropolitan Police said: “Homicide associates are investigating and believe the two murders to be linked.”

McDonagh said police wanted to hear from witnesses who may have seen a dark colored 4×4 vehicle: “Officers are particularly keen to hear from anyone who has seen a dark colored SUV or 4×4 type vehicle in the vicinity of Sewell Road distinctive silver-roofed bars. In the days before the Titmus Avenue murders. We have already heard from several witnesses and I am grateful to them.

He said: “I can assure everyone affected by these killings that skilled detectives will work tirelessly to find out what happened and give answers to the young victims and families.

On Saturday evening around 5.10 pm, the police got a call that people were injured at both the places.

McDonagh said: “Emergency services attended immediately and at each location they found a 16-year-old boy who had been stabbed. Tragically, both boys died from their injuries.

He said: “As Deputy Borough Commander of the Met South-East Command Unit, I join the community in being deeply saddened and outraged by these senseless killings.” Specialist officers are supporting bereaved families.

McDonagh said: “Tackling violence is a priority for the Met. Days like today show why our work is so important and why I must again call on London’s communities to work with us and our partners to help us achieve this.” We can all do what we can to prevent such tragedies.

ALSO READ   Imran Khan ready to take on Pakistani generals, but the party is not unanimous

He said: “I’m appealing for any witnesses who may have seen both incidents. I’m also interested in speaking with anyone who knew Charlie and Kiern and may be able to find out more about the senseless murders.” may be able to provide some information or insight.”

Several teenage boys laid flowers encircling Titmus Avenue, where a forensics tent could be seen by some knocked over trash cans.

Victor, 30, a football manager who says he went to school with one victim’s mother, said stabbings were “not common” for the area, but things had been getting worse in recent years.

โ€œThere are a lot of things going on in the street with young children โ€“ it’s because of the lack of youth centres. There’s really no place where children can say ‘this is a safe environment’.

Gillian Southwest, 48, who lives in the street, said: “It’s horrible. I’ve lived here for 28 years. If it’s a boy I think it’s a really nice boy.

Read full story at the guardian.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

x