Queen postpones two virtual audiences after Covid diagnosis

The Queen has postponed two virtual audiences after her Covid diagnosis, Buckingham Palace has said.

A palace spokesperson said: “The two virtual audiences that had previously been scheduled to take place today will now be rescheduled for a later date. Her Majesty is continuing with light duties. No other engagements are scheduled for this week.”

Concerns for the nation’s longest reigning sovereign have been heightened given her age, frailer appearance of late and recent health scare.

The Queen has a run of high-profile engagements coming up. She is set to host the Diplomatic Reception on 2 March 2, where she will meet hundreds of members of the diplomatic corps at Windsor.

She is also due to attend the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey on 14 March, and then the Duke of Edinburgh’s memorial service, also at the Abbey, on 29 March.

Read full story at the guardian.com

ALSO READ   Wave for the green man: LTA trials 'touchless buttons' at 4 crossings starting this month

Leave a Comment

x