Happy Durga Puja 2022 Wishes: Durga Puja festival has started. Celebrated from the sixth day of Sharad Navratri, the festival is also known as Shardiya and it honors the “homecoming” of Goddess Durga as devotees believe that she will bring her children – Lakshmi, Saraswati descends to earth along with Ganesha and Kartikeya. This year, Navratri began on September 26, a day after Mahalaya, while Durga Puja is starting from today i.e. October 1 and will end on October 5.
The five days of Durga Puja are Shashthi, Saptami, Ashtami, Navami and Dashami, also known as Vijayadashami as the goddess killed the buffalo demon Mahishasura on this day. And thus, the festival celebrates the victory of good over evil.
What is the sixth?
According to tradition, Shashthi is the day when the face of the Durga idol is unveiled, marking the first day of the festival. Many rituals are performed on this day ranging from ‘Kalparambh’ and ‘Bodhan’ to ‘Amontron’ and ‘Adhibash’. While ‘Kalparambh’ marks the beginning of Durga Puja, the unveiling of the face of the idol, a ritual performed in the evening, is called ‘Bodhan’. ‘Amontron’ means invitation, a ritual that includes a ceremonial invitation to the goddess to live among mortal beings while visiting her home, and ‘Adhibash’ is a ritual that sanctifies her stay in the Durga Mandapa.
Happy Maha Shashthi Wishes
1. Good luck! May Maa Durga bless you with good health, wealth and happiness, and destroy all evil in your life.
2. May Goddess Durga fulfill all your wishes and bless you with prosperity! Happy Maha Sashti!
3. Wishing you a very Happy Mahasashti and Durga Puja 2022 from our family!
4. May Maa Durga bless all of us. Here’s wishing everyone good health, wealth and lots of happiness. Good luck!
5. It is a time to rejoice and celebrate the victory of good over evil. Good luck!
Shubho Mahashasthi Images for you